Zappos is iconic for its customer experience through customer service. Think customer service doesn’t matter? Don’t tell that to Zappos. Customer service REALLY matters at Zappos. Customer service is part of the ongoing success of the organization.
Zappos puts its money where its mouth is and spends money in customer service to develop the customer experience.
Zappos’ Tony Hsieh On Customer Service
Customer service pays off!
“Overnight Success” does exist, but only after years of preparation and hard work.
- 75% of orders come from returning customers (friends order again)
- Repeat customers have higher order values (friends buy more)
What do you want from your customer service?
People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
-Tony Hsieh, CEO - Zappos
Think long term.
- It’s about repeat customers.
- The keep coming back through great customer service.
- There are no short-cuts.
To WOW, you must differentiate yourself, which means doing something a little unconventional and innovative. You must do something that’s above and beyond what’s expected. And whatever you do must have an emotional impact on the receiver.
Wow is the essence of customer service that drives the customer experience. Zappos gets customer service. Zappos customer service is an experience.
- Vote on HN
If you liked this, be sure to check out:
- Customer Experience is About the Little Things
- 12 Customer Service Trends for 2012, the Year of Customer Experience
- 3 Keys to Creating Customer Loyalty